16 April 2018

Weekend Babymoon


There are moments lately where I want to freeze time and force it to stand still forever. In this third trimester, we feel the push and pull of the In-Between even greater; anticipation for all to come as a family of three, while simultaneously trying to cherish the time we have left Just Us.

After a Saturday morning of coffee and beach with friends, we headed up north to the Park Hyatt Aviara for a 1-night getaway. The Park Hyatt is special for us because we have gone each year since we have known each other – and we even stayed there on our wedding night! With the lush green foliage and swaying palms, the Park Hyatt is nothing short of a slice of Hawaii. Over and over again we find ourselves saying that we are so thankful to live in a place where we can vacation (also – that’s why we pay the price to live here!). We fall more and more in love with San Diego every day – it never seems to get old!

And there is something about being away with Benjamin that is so so special. Even if it is only 40 miles north of where we live - for just one night - these times together are ones that grow us in adventure, intentionality, laughter, intimacy, and gratitude. I am more and more aware of the ways that Ben is completely perfect for me – not perfect of course (nobody is!), but perfect for me. I am amazed that I get to walk life with him. He is the man I have prayed for all my life, and it still feels like a dream that he’s here beside me. All those years of waiting were worth it x1000000. If I could go back in time to tell myself one thing – that would be it. It’s always worth the wait.


Hotel Life

29 weeks!

This place is heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.