09 January 2018

The Good to Come

I am learning to let go of what was and step into was is.
Because it was Good in the past does not demand it to always be the same
in order for it to continue to be Good.
When it is different, it can still be Good.
Or sometimes better.
I know our lives are about to change,
but I also know that perhaps what we are stepping into will be better than
all the freedom in the world.
Because it will be a challenge.
And challenges bring refinement.
And newness.
And when things are hard,
character is refined. Even when we don’t want it to be.
And if there’s one thing I am committed to,
it’s transformation.
Only in the difficulties do we see who we are,
it is the times of growth that I am most thankful for in life,
even when I do everything I can to fight it.
This is preparation to stop fighting the changes,

And see them as a gift towards something greater.

2 comments:

  1. No citation on this interesting poem. Hmm..., perhaps you wrote it?

    ReplyDelete

Lately.