28 April 2021

A Letter, For Jack

 January 26, 2018

Dear Baby Boy,


Right now you are moving and shaking inside of me and I can’t even feel it. I’m 18 weeks and the first trimester you made me so nauseous that all I could eat is bread. It’s okay though- I know it’s not your fault. Ben talks to you all the time and seeing him love you before you are even really real to us is such a gift. You are so lucky to have him as a Dad. You might not even know how lucky you are until you are a grown-up; but I know and I will always hold that close to my heart. I love you so much and I don’t even know who you are and who you will be yet. All I know is that you’re my son - and I hope to always be supportive of whoever you become- no matter if it’s a basketball player and surfer or not ;) We can’t wait to take adventures with you - we dream of taking you on beach day Saturdays and bike rides and coffee dates and Hawaiian travels. We can’t wait to show you all the beautiful things in life and have you know God through it all. We pray for you - that you would grow into a man that loves the Lord and lives with integrity. I pray that you will be just like your Daddy b/c he is the closest thing to Jesus that I know. I pray that we will always have a good relationship because I’m so terrified that you will hate me when you’re a teenager. I won’t always be a fun mom, I’m sure - but I hope not to be a nagging and annoying one! I hope you still want to hang out with me into your adulthood no matter how cool you are and how uncool you think I am ;) Right now I’m still pretty cool though - I’ll have you know! I can’t wait to take you to the park on playdates and in the stroller around the neighborhood. I can’t wait to see what you look like and love you exactly for who you are no matter what. I will always be here for you and be your number one fan - even if it doesn’t always feel like it. I love you my son and I can’t wait to meet you soon!!!! We are almost halfway!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.