05 January 2017

10 Things for 2017

Words of the Year: Generosity & Gratitude

1. Take more time to pause. Use margins of time to read or write, instead of text or Instagram. I always feel more fulfilled when I do!

2. Read at least a page a day. Do you ever feel like the day gets away from you and you haven’t read anything meaningful or inspiring? I hate that feeling. I always have time for a page – I just have to be mindful about doing it.

3. Focus on Ben. (As if this hasn’t been my focus the past year ;)) Haha. It is so easy to build selfish habits – if I make a point of always thinking of him first, it will ultimately be refining to me and uplifting to him.

4. Keep pursuing adventures. I consider adventure to be a daily choice… making things fun, celebrating the little, and finding reasons to be joyful. Although most of my day is lived between cubicle walls, this is a choice I can make even in the mundane. I’ve already found ways to do this before work, in the office, and after… and it makes such a difference in my perspective on life!

5. Serve. I know I have not been the best at this in 2016… but I want to find ways to do this in 2017, no matter what it looks like. There is a food depository down the street I could get involved in, weekend mission trips to Mexico, and even daily ways I can serve my colleagues. I desire to be more intentional around serving this year.

6. Rebrand. I’ve had this blog what – 8 years?! I would like to rebrand it a bit… Though I hesitate to “market” my cozy little corner of the internet. It is my dream to write a book someday… maybe it starts here?

7. Thesis. Thesis. Thesis. Starting March 7th, I plan to go to the library once a week and knock this thing out. It’s going to take some mad focus over here (especially as a newlywed!) – but I know it needs to be finished and I have to block out the time to do that. My hope is to have it done by June!

8. Next career steps. I’m not sure where my job at PLNU will take me – I love this university and believe in the mission and vision. I hope that there are opportunities to move up, teach college courses, and I want to be faithful in my position now to open doors in the future.

9. Europe. Since Ben and I met, we have dreamt of strolling the European streets, stopping for croissants, sipping on tiny coffees, and taking postcard-like pictures. This is a dream we would love to accomplish this year - maybe fall?!

10. Enjoy the current season. Too often there is pressure to move on to the Next… after dating comes engagement, then a wedding, then… babies?! I want to enjoy where I’m at now – this uniquely beautiful stage of life. 30 years old, getting married in 45 days, and an entire lifetime with my best friend ahead of me. It is so sweet, I am so thankful, and God is greater than I ever knew He was... He always seems to be teaching me something and the journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.