21 January 2012

Days in LA

After standing at the train platform for an hour in the first big blizzard of Chicago, I was relieved to be greeted by the 70 degrees of LA life last weekend, and my dearest Suzy. My days with her proved to be as adventurous & hip as I thought it would be... what else would I expect?!

I loved every moment of this LA weekend.

steps leading to her attic nook nestled in the Hollywood Hills
Flea markets, good eats & epic scenery filled our days....
I spy a Suzy. Hidden behind shelves of books.
we got to play with sweet Aimee for a day!
LA street art... nothing like it...
Suzy's niece/nephew. I love them. And not just because they are Asian.
Sunset in Santa Monica.
When I think about this weekend, I will remember venturing into hidden corners of LA, soaking in Cali culture... the people, the streets, the eats. I will think about staying up late, eating ice-cream in bed and dreaming of life as we know it and where it could go. I will remember the peace that comes with adventuring with a best friend... knowing there's nowhere else you would rather be. Sunsets in the sand. Good tunes on the pod. Yummy coffee and treats all the time. Good reads from new bookstores. This weekend was the refreshment I needed, a getaway from Chicago, and a heart connection with one who I love so much.

I return to Chi thankful. For friendship, for growth, for the new life Suzy and I have both planted in our different places. At some point, location becomes irrelevant - at our core, we are both who we have always been. And we know where we come from. That is something that is so sacred and no distance can take away.

2 comments:

  1. goodness gosh. i am so radically blessed to know your love. thank you for spending those days with me and giving me fresh eyes to see, fresh ears to hear, and a fresh heart to love this city. you are a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.