08 January 2012

Back to School...

It's never easy to go back to work after a long break. But there's a sense of comfort in returning to these dear ones. My days are filled with their giggles & tears. With their imagination and excitement. With their beginning understandings of the world & who they are in it.

I am lucky to return to them. 


And amidst figuring out their 5 year old selves... they teach me so much about who I am. They show me how to take a step back and just laugh. How to have true kindness in friendship and unconditional love no matter what.

They are full of grace for me... as I make mistakes and figure it out and say things that don't make sense... grace that never runs out. It's amazing how at the end of the day I can feel so utterly tired with not a drop left... then return the next day to do it all again, refreshed and invigorated for the day set before us. They drain me and fill me up all at the same time... how is it possible?! It is a crazy phenomenon that points to HIS graciousness in my life... to give me them to show me more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.