17 May 2010

These Last Few.

{Sitting, watching, listening to the waves}
With only 2 weeks of Spanish life left, I find myself returning to love everything I may have possibly hated while living here. I now sigh with endearment when I approach shops closed mid-day; a silly grin on my face while caught behind a sloooow Spaniard's stroll. It might be a street I've walked down everyday, and I'm photoing it as if it's a new discovery.

When you know the end is approaching, you start to embrace the aspects of culture that make it what it is: It's suddenly sangria every night, all kinds of tapas, meeting friends hours after we had planned, lunches that last into the night, breathing in deep during siesta to smell my neighbors cooking. Life is newly captivating, interesting, exciting. The pace of life: addicting.

I'm returning to what romanced me about Spain... and this time is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.