19 May 2010

Only in America.

Soon, I have to fit 9 months of life into 1 suitcase to ship back to the states.

Since I can't do magic tricks, there's only one thing I really need: Duct Tape. After an unsuccesful search high&low for this beloved, familiar friend, I decided to seek the advice of my fellow teachers. As I began with the same explanation that elicited the thousands of blank stares and shoulder shrugs previously received, I started to assume I had hit another dead end.

But this time, a chorus of ¨Celo Americano!¨ rang forth as the famous item was recalled.

And as I went into further detail for the many uses for Duct Tape, I soon realized it was more than an appropriate title.

... American Tape. Should've guessed.

{I then took this opportunity to present, in detail, the crazy crafts that come from the Duct... wallets, book covers, shoes, prom dress competitions?... all in the name of Duct Tape. True. It's an American thing.}

1 comment:

Lately.