11 January 2010

Time Warp.

Home, and back again.
A whirlwind.

It was hard to imagine what it would feel like to be back in the states after 2.5-ish months in Spain...

I left at the peak of transitions for many friends/family. I returned to the realization that it's not pretend or make-believe... My newlywed friends have established lives & new houses (!!!); some have babies on the way; my best friend now shares a house with her hubby!, friends who were on the brink of new jobs or locations in the fall have now transitioned from unfamiliarity to a sense of belonging. Questions: answered. Lives evolving. Moving on. Growing up.

{Besties reunion for Candis's wedding.}
{MOH duties. Such an honor!!!}
{Christmas'ing w/ brothers.}
{Cousins on the Eve}
And in this way, Waco was both everything I left it, and nothing like I remember it.

Chicago gave me a dip back into life pre-Spain... and a taste of what could be when I return.

It was exactly what I needed before Round 2 in Spain.
Refreshing. Reflecting. Reinventing.

I return to Spain with the fullness that comes after being with best friends & family, the anticipation of adventures in waiting, and the comfort in knowing I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here & now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.