25 January 2010

Mountains: Check.

One moment you're watching the finale of Fama in your cozy piso, and the next you are scaling the side of the Picos of Europa... thus is life in Cantabria, Spain. On Sunday I was invited on a Spanish excursion to the nearby mountains, where we seemed to forge a trail of our own - all evidence covered by a blanket of freshfallen snow. There were moments when I literally thought: "I am going to live and die on this mountain," only to later be rewarded by the scenic views, photo ops, and nearby deer. Below I've posted some photos my friend Luis took from the day...


{Going where none have gone before...}
{So much beauty to capture.}
{Breathtaking, right?}
{Excursion'ing. And hoping to make it down alive.}
After thawing out a bit, we picnic'ed with pinchos of tortilla, and stopped in a local bar for shots of Orujo - the "fuerte" drink of Potes - and to watch Santander play some football. Sigh. I love Spain.

4 comments:

  1. i am jealous of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that place even real?? it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos and nice place!!! We have to go together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lately.