20 September 2009

Long Live Lola.

When people look at my car, they often use adjectives such as "junk" or "piece" or "beater"... my brother casually mentioned turning her in for Cash for Clunkers, and I was genuinely offended. Because when I look at Lola, all I see are road trips from Chicago to Texas, riding the valley, dance parties, and, in essence, Baylor Life. She was my first car - '91 Acura Legend - and to me she will always be freedom. Yet, in a few short days, she will also be a thing of the past. This has been hard for me to come terms with, as it's not just the car... it's the life. A new life is starting for me, and selling her is the first step. unload, simplify, start anew. I know this transition is important, but the process is still so difficult.

Below you will find some of Lola's finest moments:

{Halloween 2k6}

{Last minute road trip to Austin - midnight of finals 2k7}

{NoRo}

{Mattress transportation - moving in 2k7}

{Birthday kidnappings... so many}

{Lola had to be towed back to chicago on a U-Haul, going at a max speed of 56 mph, post-graduation 2k8}

{Late night HEB run, came back with a kiddie pool, 2k5}
It's time to say goodbye. But we all know that Lola will forever live on.

2 comments:

  1. You, my dear neice, are toooooooo funny! LOVE the Lola pictures!! She was one lucky automobile to have your hands at her wheel!!
    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have pictures of the dent on the hood...now how exactly did that happen again? :)

    She was a GREAT car. You looked good in her.
    Good buy Lola.

    B/T/W: there was a woman on the Mayflower who's first daughter died, so she named her second daughter with the same name....could there be another Lola in the future? Lola II?

    Love, mamma Bumberdear

    ReplyDelete

Lately.