03 September 2009

Exactly.

In a frenzied I-am-really-doing-this moment, I emailed a good friend who has been a source of encouragement for me in this past season of questions and decisions. I met him shortly after he returned from teaching in Prague for 5 years, and he was an immediate inspiration. On so many levels - he gets it. He just does. His words have lent me a bit of sanity, as they often seem to do:
"It gets crazier and crazier the closer you get, doesn't it. Not just cuz you're saying goodbye to your family and friends, and not just cuz you're saying goodbye to the chi and texass- though those are readily on your mind-, but because you secretly know deep down inside that you are about to set off to a whole different life than the one you now know. That's the best part. Even if it's the one we think about the least when it gets this hectic."
It has often been in the moments when I feel the most Lacking that this friend of mine has brought me to a place of feeling equipped and excited for my journey. When I have expected him to affirm this underlying sense that I am crazy, he has shown me understanding and support. Although high schoolers are his students, he has taught me so much. I really mean it -

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.