04 January 2014

Good Year 2013

I'm always reminded of how filled this year has been when I review it in photos.
[as seen in 2010, 2011, and 2012]
Here's to 2013… A good year. 
A year of brokenness and beauty, a year of abroad adventures, races, mountains, and city risks, 
a year of new community - new church and new friendships - of celebrations and mourning, 
a year of leaving a job to pursue a graduate degree,
and most importantly: a year where God showed me His Hand in my life, 
His plans over mine, His suffering and His glory,
His goodness, faithfulness, and unconditional love...
and the freedom that only comes from life with Him.

Gatsby New Years at our apt. Gold wallpaper, a homemade bar, and photobooth fun :)
Ringing it in with these guys.
Sibs (+ Jillian) ski trip / playtime in Denver 
Spending my days with these dear Kinders...
Teaching alongside my assistant
Deciding to paint out floor… not realizing it would take 3 weeks.
and then, that day it was completed. 
Adventures with Ash… morning coffee, donuts, life.
New Years Resolution to Take Risks made it's first appearance in winter lake jumps.
Birthday adventures for Ash!
Californiaaaaa for Spring Break
Roadtrip to SLO
dreamy days with my Suzy
National Donut day!
Bridesmaiding in Captiva Island, FL
Jackie gets married!
True Life: We live in Wrigleyville
(actually it's Lakeview, but it feels like Wrigley sometimes…!)
Teachers go dancing
Spring adventures with Mikey!
My best friend bros
Family time
Backyard dinners at the Lily
Steph gets married! Celebrating with best friends Chicago community :)
The last weeks with Sonj before she moved to Seattle
The Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup!
And we celebrate with free drinks + bread at Little Goat
Milwaukee half marathon! Finished in 1:58!
Summer in a backpack
Mikey took me up my first 14'er: Bierstadt!
Nights in Wicker Park
Free Spirit photo shoot
These 2 good friends come to Chi!
Jenny celebrates the fourth in Chi!
2nd annual Americake!
Camino de Santiago: walking 790km across Spain for a month
Celebrating my 27th in Santiago de Compostela with my best Camino friends
Returning to Chicago… and Jessica back to the Lily! (before she left us again…)
morning hangouts with Bets
Backyard summer dinners
Chicago river with friends
Nights that end in Karaoke
Starting graduate school at Wheaton College
Ester + Matt get married!
Life in Chicago with my bro
Fall Junto dinners
Being a graduate student
Apple picking with our community of friends
Thursday night prayer group with the 10 best women I know
Celebrating Ashley getting into nursing school at Rush
Roadtrip to Dayton
a weekend with Jenny!
Puppy Sitting… an experience we might not try again.
Fall weekend in Waupaca with our best friends
cozy cabin mornings with such good people
Friends and Flannel
Fall adventures with Britt
Halloween with the Kennedys
Putting the fur to use as Margot from Royal Tenenbaums
Backyard pumpkin carving parties
Fireball Country karaoke for Todd's bday
Odds game bets & a November lake jump
School field trips
celebrating Nate's bday on the curb with pie
Chicago Public Library days
Being students in the lily!
We are fur owners
Mikey comes home! Adventures around our suburban 'hood
Christmas Tree times
Co-leading the Kids Experience at Soul City Church Christmas Store 2013
our winter Gala season
Mikey proposes in Denver! and Daniel and I surprise :)
Galavanting around the city in search of perfect Christmas gifts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Purchasing an animal for NYE photobooth…
and subsequently owning Louie for 3 days.

 
Black & White NYE at the Lily!

Ringing in 2014 with our best friends.
and a tribute to my Papa… In celebration of his life on earth, and new life in heaven.
He is the clearest and truest picture of the Father's love for me, and I am who I am because of my Papa.
He will be missed in 2014 - and years to come - but his legacy lives on through each member of our family.

2 comments:

  1. did I count, three...four...FIVE donut-related pics?! You may have a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... Only three! :) donuts are a thing here in chicago!

      Delete

Lately.