28 September 2012

Best Moment This Week

Tuesday: I was biking home from work relishing in the goodness of the newest Mumford & Sons album "Babel." I couldn't help smiling as I pedaled through the city, wondering how Mumford managed to pull off an even better album than their first. In this moment, the music seemed to get louder with accompaniment outside my headphones. I stop at a red light, pull out an earbud, and glance to my left only to peer into the car of a girl (/kindred spirit?) jamming out with windows down to the exact same song as me. I looked at her, she looked at me, and I grin saying: "I'm listening to the same song!" In this minute of green light anticipation, we exchanged a mutual "This album is the best!" "I can't stop listening!" "How did they do it again???" conversation.

To share a love for brilliant music with a total stranger... Mumford- just bringing the people together.


(My brother Mikey would contest my Lumineers post saying he was at this Red Rocks show. So, I guess there might be something just as good out there...) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Don't know these Lumineers or Mummers, but if you can cop some free CSO or lyric Opera tickets, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Lately.