07 April 2012

New Life

The days are coming,” declares the LORD, 
“when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel 
and with the people of Judah. 
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors 
when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, 
because they broke my covenant
though I was a husband to them,” 
declares the LORD. “This is the covenant 
I will make with the people of Israel 
after that time,” declares the LORD. 
I will put my law in their minds 
and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, 
and they will be my people. 
No longer will they teach their neighbor, 
or say to one another, 
‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, 
from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. 
“For I will forgive their wickedness 
and will remember their sins no more.”

Jeremiah 31:31-34


To live in the new covenant 
is for the old to be forgotten.
The old that is based on works... 
for the new that is based on heart.
To remember who HE is. 
And the fullness of life lived with Him.
To do away with who I was
before I knew Him.
And be thankful for His
rescuing, redeeming, restoring
nature
because of the cross.
He did what He said He would do.
because He keeps His Promises.
His love is for US. 
And it never gives up.

What a reason to celebrate.

3 comments:

  1. I read the beginning of the Exodus (12) in the Bible to by bf (Pat) for Passover since I went to Nashville to visit him (he's out there for work so I went for him so he had someone w/ him for Easter!) Aside from the Hagada....it was the best way to help him understand Passover for me! Xoxo miss you Reebereastereggangelianda!

    ReplyDelete

Lately.