06 June 2011

Being Here.

Chagall windows... Art Institute. Free Wednesdays. Get there.

When I think about what I want to do and where I want to be, it is an overwhelming feeling of Here. It is hard to sit with this foreign realization... to want to dig roots, to invest, to know that Here is where I am and I wouldn't choose anywhere else. We can go forever seeking something else... somewhere else... someone else... convinced it will bring us closer to who we are or what we want. 

This morning, it seems real... I seek nothing else. This summer brings freedom and delight... spare time and playtime - something magical happens in Chicago in these three months ahead. It is too often my habit to plan for something exotic and unusual in all this free time of mine... but this summer all I want is to enjoy life alongside the friendships I'm forming in this city, to serve in an area that stretches and challenges me, to take action and make choices that are life-giving. To know the heart and soul of this city that I finally call home.

2 comments:

  1. rebes. i love your perspective. really. that bit: "we can go forever seeking something else...somewhere else...someone else...convinced it will bring us closer to who we are or what we want." it was like a deliverance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooo what recently brought you to this little blog post...?!
      i'm so glad you reminded me of this one ;) thanks B! <3

      Delete

Lately.