29 May 2011

Happy Wedding!

My freshman year at Baylor, I met Whitney. 
I was a homesick, lonely little dorm room resident, and she was the cool, edgy, upperclassmen.  
She took me under her wing - and I immediately knew she was unlike anyone else.  

One of the first things I noticed about Whit is how close she holds her family and friends.  It's sometimes confusing whether or not I'm actually a family member - I've crashed cousin bashes and family parties and have always felt like a part of the clan.  I know this is something that Whit creates with people in her life - and it is such a unique quality.

I've walked through so many seasons of my adult life with Whitney... as we've graduated from Baylor, explored new jobs and new places, and somehow both landed back in Chicago.  Whitney is the perfect mixture of spontaneity + playful adventure, and also deep, introspective, and wise. Whitney teaches me how to be present and challenges me to integrate people as close as family.  

I have loved seeing her story with Jim unfold - it starts in 7th grade until now, May 29, 2011 - her wedding day. This weekend has been such a celebration of all the people that have stepped alongside them in the journey - and most importantly, of W+J and their sweet love for one another. 

Can't wait for tonight's celebration!


James Patrick + Whitney Elizabeth
Happy wedding weekend!

1 comment:

Lately.