23 June 2011

Twenty-Five-ish.

Okay, not quite there yet.

But - secret's out - I've been known to pre-age myself about 6 months into the new birthday year... I can't help it! I like to pre-process things and I feel closer to 25 than 24... Especially with summer here and free time to dream about here and there and everywhere.

Some people are number people, some people aren't. I don't consider myself particularly concerned with age, but twenty-five has always been somewhat of a landmark in my mind. (Though a clearer landmark is gently getting pushed to 30...)

What did I expect 25 to be all about?

Well, this.
City living. Roomie loving. Adventure having. Full-time teaching (just signed my very first contract...!).
Investing, planting, digging deep.




When I think about twenty-five, I think about a re-commitment to learning and growth. I think about responding to new challenges in the me formed from past-seasons. I think about decision-making rooted in the Identity He has given me.

Twenty-four has been (still is...) so special - the words are: Trust and deepened Faith in this year. A year ago I returned post-Europe life not knowing where I would land or what I would do. The response was to say No to another year in Spain and Yes to a part-time job offer as a Preschool Assistant. Why? I didn't know. Not at that time. But now I do. I can see the steps of faith He was teaching me to take and I see where that Yes has led... How He knows the desires of this little heart of mine and does not hold back a single thing.

I know twenty-five will bring more Yes's, some No's... and will be a time of growing-up, learning, and adventure. But until then, I'll do my best to live the twenty-four.

Aug 7 2010. celebrating 24 with can!

3 comments:

  1. ahhh love it! keep living, growing, loving, and trusting! It inspires everyone around ya even if you don't know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. what.a.gal!

    wish more than anything that i could be celebrating 25 with you. but you have such an amazing crew in chi-town that i know will do a tremendous job of showering you with Papa's love.

    so much love for you, becks. you're my only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love YOU my suzy. i wish you were here more than anything!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lately.