28 June 2011

Day Two

We tend to do things in tandem these days.
It's the season of embracing everything Chicago... so why not run the Chicago Half...? I was inspired by none other than my roomie Betsy... just one of the many ways she encourages and motivates me! So far we have about 4 other girls on our team - and yes, we plan to make Race Day shirts :) Team name suggestions accepted...

Something I love about training is that it's such a focus on the process, and helps me see that little-by-little any goal is reachable. When I think on the scale of 2 1/2 hrs of running (okay, so I run slow...) it seems overwhelming and unattainable. I have to breakdown the steps, focus on today's new run, and then I am [slowly] able to work to the end. 

I think it's good practice for life. It's so much more about the day-to-day choices and investments than any big event.

So, Day Two of training is a success... only 2 months and 13 days to go!

1 comment:

  1. 1. love the tandem.
    2. how about...Team Lillyswag with idk like a wolf, eagle, bear, or indian on it?

    ReplyDelete

Lately.