01 November 2010

Going Home.








I never thought the sight of the Alico in the distance or the green glow of Pat Neff could ever stir feelings I often relate to home. But somehow, I have a renewed sense of love, safety, and comfort in Waco, TX - and it is good to return.


As my love Suzy would put it: "Baylor is where the magic happened." And it's true. The foundation of the truest friendships, the most precious memories, a solid community, and an ever-adapting worldview happened at Baylor. It started there, and has continued ever since. It's unlike any other place I know, and it's one of my favorites to return to. Among all sorts of life experiences, I know His Faithfulness through the life He gave me during my 4 years (and 3 weeks ;) ) there... above and beyond what I ever could have written for myself.
D+M+R. Embracing Waco life.
And now - my brothers and I share this together. Who ever thought the Goldsteins from Deerfield, IL would all become little Baylor Bears. How crazy special.

Patrick + Candis. Sic 'em.
And the list goes on... What a blessing to stay with my newly-married bestie+hubby in Waco! A home away from home to come back to... (Well, for as long as they stay...)

Friends still in college... friends married... friends with babies or families or pups... Friends who stick around town, traveled back, or brought to mind while there... Returning to Baylor highlights life's seasons: ever-moving, ever-changing, yet springing from a shared experience only you understand. I come back to Chi, but a piece of my home will always be in Waco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.