24 July 2014

Since Returning

I've been home officially two weeks and will leave again in one more.

The day I returned my car died, our locks were changed, we had a new roomie move-in, and I hosted the co-producer of "Walking the Camino." The next day, I marathon trained 10 miles, reunited with friends at a wedding, released the film in Chicago with a tapas celebration of thirty friends, and co-hosted a bridal shower for Michael's beautiful fiancé (my soon-to-be-sis-in-law!) Jillian. The day after, I was offered a job producing a documentary short along the Camino, assembled a crew, continued to work full-time for "Walking the Camino," and was handed a plane ticket to Spain taking off a week from today.

.... Is it any surprise that I collapsed on the couch around 7pm on Saturday and called it Bedtime?!

I'm busy, overwhelmed, and certainly missing the peace of the Wilamette River.

At the same time, my heart is so filled with thanks & overflowing with gratitude for such loving friends that surround me and opportunities I never could've predicted... I wouldn't trade a single bit of the Crazy for an ounce of Normal.

I don't know how it is possible: the stress weighed with the joy, the light with the dark, the busyness with the peace. I'm learning to find each day as it is: a new opportunity to walk with God and respond to what He puts in my path.

Although it is still completely surreal that I will be returning to Spain (this time with a backpack of DSLR's & a crew of close friends) there's an ease with which I approach this new journey; this path that fills my thoughts & opens my heart. The foreign country that feels more like home than USA most days and the trail I was on just one year ago that changed me forever. While the past year has fully affirmed the saying the real Camino starts when you return home - the phrase has never felt more alive than in this very moment.

I will walk the same path, but a different Camino. A new story for a dear soul, Phil. It is hard for me to put words on... so here it goes - ultreia & buen camino!

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, Wonderful! You're using your self-discipline to channel all the energy of the world and the stars for the creation and distribution of something beautiful. What a magical summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love Phil's story!! So amazing for you to be a part of his camino.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.