08 July 2014

Sometimes when I stop to consider the chain of events following an eighth grade love for Spanish in Miss Rose's class leading to a houseboat on the Portland shore, I wonder what else in life is contingent upon This Moment. I think about how each decision, as minor as it seems at the time, unequivocally leads to the next.


One year ago today, I wrote a post on Courage to face the unknowns of the Camino the night before I left (7/7/13). Now I work for a documentary film about others who have undertaken such courage and embarked on the Camino, so that those who view the film may be encouraged to do the same. 


Pilgrimage, as a spiritual discipline, has uniquely changed my life in a way that constantly bids me to return. Not necessarily the physical return, but the daily reminders of life's gifts in simplicity -and the discovery of God and oneself in the process.


The power is out on the river tonight and the stars are brighter than ever. As I sit by candlelight listening to the rhythm of the waves, I wonder if life could be more perfect.

(// and subsequently this post was not published last night when it was written due to lack of wifi...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.