14 July 2012

Summer Swing

I love everything about summer and I'm already mourning it being half over.
I love lazy mornings and slow afternoons. Time to observe life, take it in, and rest in it.
Unrushed, unhurried.
Choice and freedom to go and be and do whatever, whenever.
I was made for Summer. And I enjoy it maybe too much.
[...which is also why I love my job!!!!]

Daniel in his truest American form.
Americake. Happy 236th birthday 'Murica!
When I bike around this city, I just can't help myself.
Everything I pass feels in some form beautiful.
Like this quaint little neighborhood church... Sigh.
This is the very best city.
Beach dates. Diet coke in glass. Lake Michigan. This is where life is lived.
My cute little roomies - on the roof is where I tend to find them.
And after a week of keeping up with Daniel's social energy... this night was necessary.
Just some solo sushi & wine.
Movie Projection in our backyard. It's a Wes Anderson themed summer...
For the second installment, we showed Royal Tenenbaums.
Art Institute : Roy Lichtenstein exhibit.
He is genius.
Thankful for girlfriends and laughter and inspiration.
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
::The Great Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.