12 November 2011

of Peace.

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts..."
:: Colossians 3:15


Why am I so quick to live in chaos and being overwhelmed and lists and to-do's?

There is so much life to take hold of each day that surpasses the "things" that need to get done. Or the pressing decisions that create burdens on my heart.

His peace is deep and wide and gentle and rich... and it is for me. My mind knows it, and so often I don't live in it. His Peace is greater than stillness and quietness of heart in mornings spent in His Presence, it is the place I can speak & breathe from in every moment of every day. It is staying connected to the Vine, my Maker, the One who knows me better than I know myself as the day rolls in and out.

He is the Prince of Peace, the Creator of the peace that transcends all understanding - and from there springs LIFE. Why would I choose anything else...?

"We are too full to be truly still - full of distractions, preoccupations, plans, worries, regrets, things that need to be rehearsed, and things that need to be reviewed. Our inner world is a churning cauldron - endless motion and endless noise... It is inner solitude that is essential - not simply a place where we are alone but a place where we can be present to our self. Inner solitude is a state of peaceful being with my self... The one whose name is 'I Am' and whose existence makes possible our own invites us to a knowing that can be found only in stillness. This stillness is letting go of striving.  It is being present to our selves and to God. It is a state of being, not simply an achievement of doing or not-doing." 
::Soulful Spirituality:: David G Benner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.