08 November 2011

City Escape

Last year, Lindsay and I went on a random & epic camping trip that defined a fun new friendship. 
She was my inspiration behind searching for a Lakeview apartment, and showed me how livable this city can be.
tent life.
We never would've guessed that a year later I would live just a few blocks away from Linds, take advantage of all her restaurant groupons leading to local neighborhood hole-in-the-walls, and introduce me to unchartered city destinations (Chinatown, Lincoln Square...)
wilderness.

So, to commemorate the journey, we decided it was time for another fall camping trip.

Good thing we are awesome at keeping company of professional campers and benefitted from their apple pie treats over the fire, eggs & bacon & french press coffee breakfasts, s'more roasts, and even their headlamps while pitching a tent at 10pm :)

It was so nice to enjoy a closeup glimpse at fall amidst new friends as a reminder of just how much I love this season.

3 comments:

Lately.