13 August 2011

Gratitude.



Genesis 12:7
"Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said: 
To your offspring I will give this land. 
So he built there an altar to the Lord, 
who had appeared to him."

Abram built an altar of gratitude to bring him back to God's faithfulness, reminding him to stand upon what had been spoken.

Since 2002, I have had this photo tucked away in my Bible as my altar of gratitude.

2002: Ensenada, MX
It was on this trip that the course of my life took a different direction. In this photo I see closest friendships formed, a heart opening to God, and a life that steers in a new and beautifully different direction than I had planned.
2011: Kate's Bridal Brunch
I want to remember and recognize God in every moment, decision, & direction of my days. 
He is so good... life always comes back to this simple truth.
Very very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.