26 January 2011

Restart.

our perfect little kitchen home.
(and homemade pot rack.)

Sometimes I underestimate the time it takes to restart life in a new place.
I want everything all at once... And for life to feel natural.
But I find it's a constant redesign. Redo. Figure it out. 
Every.day.
Part of that I like. But part of it I'm still waiting to feel like home.
(And maybe it feels strange to be restarting in a city I've always called home.)
Either way...
These things take time.
And I don't always give it the time it deserves.

5 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is adorable!! This should be in a magazine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya for sure, i do the same thing....i want to just move and have things auto-adjust when really its like a 2-3 month buffer every single time no matter where you go

    ReplyDelete
  3. otherwise known as....The Kabooky Dance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always have a home away from home in Deerfield- come back to visit sometime!
    I'll make you something special for dinner?
    Same offer to my boys...

    ReplyDelete

Lately.