23 January 2011

Din + Good Company

Last weekend, I hosted my very first dinner party at the Lily! - and have nothing to show for it except for a recipe I barely followed.... (where was my cam?!)

Good friends, wine, food, games... I felt so full of love and laughter by the end of the night, I didn't want it to end.  I'm inspired to host again soon!

Here's the recipe for Coconut Curry Chicken 
...that I used as the base for what I actually made ;)


Serves: 8
4 thin skinless/boneless chicken breasts
3 T veg oil
6 green onions, chopped
3 T curry paste
1 c chicken broth
1-1/2 c coconut milk
3 T fresh lime juice
2 T chopped fresh cilantro


*added: 
minced garlic
basil
potato - both sweet and regular
red and green bell peppers
seasonings
brown jasmine rice


1. Heat oil in skillet, fry chicken 4 mins each side, transfer to plate and cut into squares
2. Slice and dice into squares the sweet and regular potato - can either cook these in boiling water and add later, or cook in coconut milk (takes longer)
3. Reduce to med heat, stir green onions and curry in skillet - cook 1 min stirring frequently. Pour broth in skillet.  Bring mixture to boil, cook until thickened into glaze (mine never got to a glaze b/c I used 2c broth instead of 1c)
4. In separate pot (I recommend a deep soup pot), pour coconut milk, bring to boil w/ rest of vegetables. Combine the chicken and the curry/onion mixture into the coconut milk pot.  Mix in lime juice. Serve over brown rice. Adorn with cilantro.
*Note: can make it spicier depending on curry paste, and can also add chili powder for extra spice :)

That was (more or less) my version of the recipe!  As a newbie to the dinner party world, I was slightly nervous about a group consuming a meal I had never made before - but it turned out great! If you put your own flavor in and are willing to take a few risks - I highly recommend!

1 comment:

  1. yay! The meal, the party, and the host were all dreamy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Lately.