29 December 2010

Visions of Christmas.

Homemade centerpieces.

my fave.

In the past, I have allowed the magic of Christmas to fade with the reality of Santa... with the lack of surprise presents... and with the pending finale to my favorite season. But this year, my heart was filled with the mystery, glory, and childlike wonder of Christmas with a wave of needed refreshment to my spirit. The majestic story of who He is came alive, and I feel equipped for the new year.

my mom made me this stocking when i was born.
those christmas lights...

I feel like I am stepping into a season of pure joy, which stems from a season of endless questions and frustrations. Since returning from Spain, I've thrown myself into opportunities to make a life in Chicago. Most of the time I trusted that Chicago was right for me, but it's hard not to wonder what life would look like if I had stayed abroad. In the past few weeks, He has spoken truth into every fear, and the doubts have fled. I am here. This is now. It is good. Go.

snowy backyard wagon.

two ornaments for 2010: 1. teaching 2. travel

I'll remember this break as driving in blizzards, midnight sledding, jorts + onesie gifts, baking in the kitchen, Gregory Allan, flannel, gummy runs, Christmas movie marathons, gift exchanges, holiday cookies, Papa's 80th birthday, filming a video, photos in the snow, family outings, good wine, peppermint mochas, reading by the fire, DIY projects and.... moving to the city!

my new hobby: watercolor painting.
sweet brothers. they're the best.
mikey's in a tree.
2011 is going to be a good year.

1 comment:

Lately.