10 December 2010

Hello Morning.

When it's 6:30am and you're sitting in traffic, sometimes it's hard to notice beauty. An easy go-to train of thought might be wonderings about the day, to-do's, places to be...

iphone captured photo mid morning commute. When I want to smile, I look at the sky.
But it's the only time of day the world sleeps, hushed and silent. why let it fall to waste on questions that have yet to take hold in reality...? Though my natural response is to hate the onset of Chicago cold, morning helps me be thankful for a warm house. I find myself allowing the morning to break through sleepy eyes and wake my spirit to the brink of a new beginning. The anticipation of the day's events to be a delight, rather than a burden. To let hope seep into my mind and soul, the truth of "anything could happen today" permeate a renewed perspective. To watch light conquer night, and the city to be awakened once again.

As I live in the in-between time on the cusp of my city move, I realize my morning commute is soon to be over. Perhaps the very reason I am moving will become the thing I miss most. Or perhaps I'll appreciate the morning more once I approach it with more sleep... Either way, I am learning to conjure a present appreciation for mornings instead of speeding past them and into the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.