29 December 2010

Happy 80th!

To the man, the legend, the legacy: My Papa.

Happy birthday to you!


On Sunday, my mom + aunt + uncle threw a classy 80th gala for my dear Papa. The week before the party, my brothers and I uncovered pieces of my papa's life, and fit them together in a short film. (Mikey is still working on getting it online... but it will be posted soon!)

Papa has lived a remarkable life. He is a man of honor, integrity, and character. I don't know where I would be or who I would be without him. His whole life he has worked from the ground up, and has developed an appreciation for daily living that I hope to have someday. Above all, he loves his family - and gives to us beyond what we deserve.

My Uncle Johnny MC'ed the night.
My Family.
Papa and his grandchildren.

I will never forget sitting in my Papa's car before I left for Spain, with all the different nerves/questions/ excitement, he looked me in the eye and said: "Rebecca. You have nothing to worry about. Papa will always take care of you." Those short truths sunk deep in my soul, bringing me to an even deeper understanding of God's love and provision for me. 

I love my Papa so much - both the one on earth and in heaven!

Papa loves being a Great-Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.