09 March 2010

Dunce.

Today I was called into the principal´s office.

Immediate reaction: to trace every word I possibly mistranslated, or make an excuse for taking extra chocolate from the teacher´s workroom, or cover for Monday´s disheveled appearance.

Instead, a gleaming object was thrust into my hand upon entering. Unable to conceal my confusion, it was soon interpreted as a cultural difference in the use of keys. After undergoing a demonstration of exagerated hand motions in mixed-up Spanglish, I now know how to both lock and unlock the front gate.

Okay... so I was only slightly looking forward to the dunce hat. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. This morning, I was thinking I should be wearing a dunce hat...Are we on some sort of international wavelength?!

    ReplyDelete

Lately.