14 May 2018

“Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance, until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God.”

// R.C Sproul, via Crazy Love by Francis Chan

There is a danger in getting wrapped up in My World right now… this chaotic, constant-decision-making, Pinterest-board-making, baby-transitioning world with its abyss of questions and unknowns. I agonize over floor colors and wake up at night after dreams of the roof caving in… I check the budget spreadsheets and timelines as little baby moves about beneath me, wondering if he will indeed have a home in 3 weeks. I watch as the piles of onesies and bottles grow on the bed of our guest room, unorganized and haphazardly tossed aside until they have a nursery to belong to and a baby to use them.

But then I stop. I take time to pause and breathe and look to God. I remember His Graciousness, His Love, His Majesty… and suddenly all these decisions feel minute in the scheme of His Greatness. He is with us and He has given us so much in this season – community, family, the gift of a new home and people to help us with it. He has been in every decision and has led us around every corner that felt blind and impossible. Yes, He cares about the details and the wonders of my heart… but He also is here claiming me as His, desiring for me to trust Him with all these things – to look to Him as He pulls me further into his grace. He knows the stress, but He asks for the gratitude.

The point of it all is always & forever His Glory. I want to remember that… I want to rest in the assurance that He holds the universe in His hands. I want to look at Him with a heart of unending Thank You’s  instead of complaints. I choose gratitude over fear and steadfastness over anxiety. Do I know that He is a good, good Father who brings delight to His children? I want my response to be one of resounding thanks for all He has given us in this season and for all that is to come. He is so so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.