06 June 2016

Daring Beyond

I am challenged to consider the choices I make that determine what kind of life I am going to live.

Too often I assume choices like job, housing, location, friends, etc have power over me to determine my destiny. I settle for less because I'm afraid to expect more... I convince myself that what I have is good enough and it could never get better - even when I'm unhappy... I cling to the comfortable because I fear the failure.

I will never forget my wise friend Sonja's words urging me to "dare to dream beyond the Kindergarten classroom...." Those words led me to graduate school - a scary, but right choice for me at the time. Her wisdom then carried me to California - a risk 100% worth taking. Where will that dare lead me next...? Can I dare to dream for more? Or is my challenge to be grateful with what I have? When is it right to leave, when is it right to stay? At what point do you simply put your head down and grind it out doing the work you might not want to do in order to live the life you someday hope to live...?

These are the questions that plague my heart and my mind... that keep me up at night and occupy my prayers by morning... I want to know I am giving my passions, gifts, and purpose to something worthwhile. I want to give back and make a difference that matters... not just coast along on the easy road. Only God can answer these questions as time passes... Only He can lead by paths of righteousness for His name sake.

I remember that He is more concerned with the state of my heart than with the decisions I make - He cares about who I am becoming as a woman of Him, not necessarily my career goals. It's true that He fulfills the desires of my heart down to the minute detail... but it is also true that giving my heart to Him day by day by day is the most worthy decision I can make. I pray I can remember and trust His truth and rest in His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.