05 December 2013

Golden Hour

One of the highlights of being a student this year is knowing that I am writing and library-ing and researching and theologizing alongside my little brother, Mikey, as he studies at Denver Seminary. Together, we seize any opportunity to nerd out over original sin, orthodox doctrines, and on which branch of the conservative/liberal spectrum we fall. Mikey encourages me to dig into Scripture for Truth, to represent Jesus with authenticity, and to regularly revisit the glory and beauty of the gospel message. Don't you just want to join his church someday??! I do :)

But what I love most about my brother is that in addition to his exploration of Jesus through intellect, he has the most adventurous, creative, fun-loving, goofy spirit I know. On any given day, I'll receive study break texts with songs or quotes or vids to watch, and his Instagram is filled with camping, biking, and video excursions. He lives for making memories, whether in the form of Odds Game dares, drinks at the local bar, or just hanging and watching marathons of Friends.

Over Thanksgiving Break, whilst sitting at the table together studiously focusing on papers and sermons, the most beautiful golden hour streamed in through our kitchen window. So it only makes sense that Mikey and I ditched all things Grad Life to go play in the sunlight as we revisited our childhood streets. We used Mikey's Canon T3i to capture the good ol' life in the burbs with our matching high buns amidst backyards of pine forests & willows.

 

{images edited in LightRoom}

4 comments:

  1. I can't find the ""like button." Oh yeah, wrong software. OK, well, I like this post! Sounds like a happy family moment and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, In pursuit of graduate school accuracy (because I am sympathetic with what you are going through and sometimes present a "little" OCD) please add a comma after "Oh" in my post above. Good luck with those last pre-holiday papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ultra encouraged, thanks Rebecca! You are far too nice.
    Side note: I wish I had a 5D...it's a T3i. Great edits on those pics. I especially love the last one.

    Thanks for constantly inspiring me to think deeply about the things of God and live adventurously. As the oldest sib you have set the standard for what it truly means to engage this life abundantly. You are the coolest sister in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are the cutest and most lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.