08 November 2013

Reminders

fall walks.
"In friendship… we think we have chosen our peers.
In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses,
the choice of one university instead of another…
The accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting…
Any of these chances might have kept us apart.
But for Christians, there are, strictly speaking 
no chances.
A secret master of ceremonies has been at work.
CHRIST, who said to the disciples: 
"Ye have not chosen me but I have chosen you for one another."
The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out.
It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us
the beauties of others."

:: C.S. Lewis

b&r day of fun.
God intertwined this heart with mine at the exact moment I needed it, when least expected,
in the most unpredictable happenstance.
After only a few hours strolling the streets of Madrid with Britt,
I knew she was not just a friend of the road, or a travel buddy, or a random meet-up
She is a friend of the heart.
From Spain to Chicago, this friend has lifted me up, encouraged me, prayed for me, and loved me
far beyond what I deserve.
She's adventured & done community with me, laughed & solo danced in the corner of an empty room with me, and brought unending & consistent joy to my spirit.
And last night, it was only one simple phone call 
that prompted a surprise note from Britt on my windshield
altering my spirit and bringing life in my darkness.
I am so blessed by the creativity of God to intertwine such lovely friends in my life, 
who daily draw me to see more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.