23 April 2013

Today was most unglamorous of days.

A day that I would rather just fall through the cracks of memory, not needing to acknowledge [or admit?] it even happened. Because - hello - bad days are just bad. And that's their story, yes?!

It's the messy moments I so often want to ignore and forget and pretend never happened. And in my feeble attempts to shun it all out, I recall the words spoken by some wise women at a conference I attended this past weekend at an incredible church in this city. They spoke of beauty from ashes. They reminded me of the beautiful in the mess. Still, He is here.

So, at the end of this day I stand - though still waiting for the beauty to come through - clinging to the comfort in those words. And I rest in His Grace. Which is always and forever enough.

returning to this california sunset by kayak in my mind today.

1 comment:

  1. This is good. Thank you for the reminder that His grace is ever present at our best and worst. Want to hear more about the women's conference! Sounds like it was life changing.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.