05 March 2013

On A Snow Day

The best possible news in the middle of the winter is the prospect of a snow day.

snowy Newport street.

Unfortunately, in a city that is too well-equipped for snow, these days come few and far between. So after rising and diminishing hopes on three separate occasions for a snow day, it was only realistic (not pessimistic) to assume a No Snow Day today. After all, "potential" 6-10 inches is not the same as actual. And when I awoke at 4am to not a single snowflake fallen, I figured it was safe to assume l would be getting ready for school in a few hours.

My favorite coffeeshop in the city.
But apparently, Chicago was crying out for a day to hunker down and stay inside. To my surprise, school was cancelled. And today I did everything I would want to do if I didn't have a regular, everyday job... long slow mornings with tea/journaling/reading, writing graduate essays, a walk and latte at Heritage coffee, a This American Life podcast on my way to the grocery, and then back home again. Sigh. If only everyday were a snow day.

But then I guess it wouldn't be as special.

Bundle extreme.

3 comments:

  1. Graduate essays? What's up? You applying? Are you enrolled somewhere? Come on, catch me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww, that's so embarrassing, my post posted twice, as if I forgot or wasn't sure I had posted it and didn't have the computer savvy to figure out if I had posted or not. As if!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - you are completely computer savvy UM! As you will see on the post below, even my video-tech-film-digital major brother Michael's comment posted twice! Well anyways, I fixed it for you ;)

      Delete

Lately.