01 August 2012

Still 25.

a homemade shelf + wooden hangers. a happy closet.
With twenty-six only one week away, 
I feel the gentle current of a new season coming into its full swing.
After the chaos of June, I knew this summer was an opportunity 
to refocus & reduce the clutter.
So - implementing some lifestyle changes has been a theme -
Goodbye to caffeine, 4 bags of clothes to Salvation Army, timeframes of unplugging the cell/comp...
only biking, recycling, redesigning my room in simple form,
living off what I own and disciplining the urge to want more...
Could it be I feel more grown-up...?!
I'll hold onto twenty-five for another week, 
but the twenty-six ME is creeping in,
and I'm ready & excited for a new year.

5 comments:

  1. let me check out your clothes before you part with them! we should do a clothing swap like last summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too late.... they are already parted!
      i had to bag 'em up and ship 'em out before i had any second guesses!
      but a clothing swap is def in order.... :)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure there will be more bags coming your way soon... :)

      Delete
  2. Here's to 26, dear friend...I love that I still remember your 16th birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.