14 June 2012

Going Through

Most of the year, this is what life looks like:


Mayhem.

Books spilling, kids chatting, parents asking...
Project making, glue flying, painty hands/feet/hair.
it's a high-speed, fast-motion sprint from 7:30 to 3:30pm. 
(until June.)


And then there's the Rest you seek and barely find Sept-May,
That blip on the calendar that seems ever so far away...

Summer.
 A picture of the peace I wish I could attain 
every day of the year.
Slow mornings. 
Quiet walks. 
Late drinks.


In a perfect world - it's sustainable.
But in real life, it's just not.
And to be honest - 
Good stories need the craziness. 
They thrive on the mayhem.
That's where life is lived.

I like that I can look back 
and see transformation in the hustle.
I see character building and relationship molding and faith growing hurdles.
Because this is what we are designed for...
I never want to settle for comfort.
It doesn't always come easy. But it's always worth it.

"We were designed to live through something 
rather than attain something, 
and the thing we were meant to live through 
was designed to change us... 
Part of me wonders if our stories aren't being stolen by the easy life."

:: Donald Miller::
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.