03 September 2010

Like Yesterday.

Today I heard the sweet voices of friends I haven't heard since I left Spain. It felt so real - like I was sitting right next to them - about to meet them for a drink, eat a pintxo, or leave for an excursion. We joked about meeting in the middle - mid-Atlantic?

{Javi & Zoe - 2 of my dear friends whom I chatted with today.}
The problem is - that actually IS the midpoint.

I closed my eyes and I was on the pier, watching life pass.
Smelling the ocean.
Remembering home.
And how different life used to be.

Spain.... my memory triggers the beauty and the friendships. It seems I've forgotten the challenges. Perhaps reality is setting in and my memories have made it something it wasn't.
Or maybe life really was that good.

Now... I miss my cross-Atlantic friends. Wish I could discover at the beginning with Suz. Be silly with Ruth. Go on photo outings with J&Z. Laugh with Isa.

When I think about these precious friends, I feel an ache in my soul to be there.

So. I'll have to go back. And I know someday I will.

1 comment:

Lately.