15 November 2009

Sunday

is magical here.

Not because of anything extraordinary... but because of the way people choose to live. Just normal, everyday life is lived slowly. Thoughtfully. With a focus on relationships and people.

{the streets I walk}

I wake up and peruse the Sunday market. I haggle prices in Spanish, and purchase a few gifts for friends. It is Nov 15 and autumn is in its prime. I inhale the 74 degree weather, and smile as spots of red, green, and yellow leaves fall around me. Warm wind coasts off the sea. I take my book and my ipod and sit in the park for a few hours - mostly reading, but also watching families stroll through and elderly couples hold hands. I listen as babies are cooed in Spanish nursery rhymes. Deciding to walk the streets, I notice a gentle calm over the city. A stillness lies within quiet, whispery conversations. I read every sign I pass, attempting to pick up new vocabulary from window shopping. Everything is closed - but people are out, enjoying the fresh air and good company. I mentally note new restaurants I want to try, and favorite places to take friends when they visit. Kids run past me with a soccer ball, laughing and playing. I pass cafes buried within stone walls, while the aroma of coffee and tapas fills my senses. The streets I walk are lined with brick, and if you look through the spaces, you see a background of mountains and sea.

I never could have imagined life could be like this. This is becoming my most favorite place on earth. I love it more and more each day. The only thing missing are all my loves in the world whom I wish were here to share it with me.... so, come visit!

{patches of mountains and ocean appear when you least expect it.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lately.