04 November 2009

Sic 'ems Abroad.

I got lucky 2 weekends in a row.

First in Madrid, then in Nice.

I met up with two dearhearts (and their traveling Team America) while they are taking a month to travel Europe on Baylor’s Maastricht program. In Madrid, we hung with locals in a cave of sangria and tapas, exchanging stories from abroad and barely making it to the Spanish version of “early” (3AM). This past weekend, we discussed the art of travel and laughed at French Halloween costumes over wine and crepes in Nice. We tossed terracotta into the Mediterranean Sea, hiked to a waterfall overlooking the city, and got lost amidst markets of flowers and books.

These girls have given themselves to the life of a vagabond in Europe, and I loved every minute of it. While they travel in a group, they are both individually on a unique journey of brave discoveries and reflections about the world around them, and the home they will soon return to in Texas. This experience has bred a new piece of each girl, which I see so clearly, as I have walked with both of them since the beginning of Baylor life. It was refreshing to hug familiar faces after a month of feeling foreign, and I return to my apartment in Santander so full. Love you girls. Here’s to night trains, bracelet buddies, perma-sic ‘ems, trundle beds, and scoots! ;)

{I am an adopted member of the team}

{Nice... you are beauty.}

{books... books... books}

{our honeymoon}

{heather. lauren. loves.}

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh. I just found the "comments" section. I LOVE THESE PICTURES. And I am positive that a visit from you was the highlight of these baby Baylor friends' travels. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Lately.