04 July 2020

Am I willing to say - this is hard, but I am learning? These moments are challenging, and I surely will not forget. They are equally difficult as they are sweet. They are equally chaotic as they are memorable. Equally tiring as they are fulfilling. It is Both And right now, and I am living the fullness of it. 

I read a quote the other day "We get 18 delicious summers with our children, this is one of them." I started to think about that - 18 doesn't seem like a lot, and it already feels like a generous number. (Let's be honest - by the time our children are teenagers they will be doing their own summer without their super uncool parents!) COVID or not, this summer we have together. I want to remember our Togetherness above all. Through the exhaustion, through the tantrums, through the newborn emotional strain... I want to remember that we are a family and this is what life looks like right now.

Moonlight Beach - Lofty Coffee, Sand, and Walks

Double Stroller walks - Ford swaddled on one side and Jack singing the Excavator Song, Police Car Song, and Bulldozer song on the other

Jack and Juj - strawberry picking. The best of friends.

Pancake Saturdays. Especially on the 4th of July!

That Work-From-Home (/Nursery) during a global pandemic life

Masks everywhere you go. Will it always be like this?!

Tired eyes and a baby in the wrap

Jack with a babysitter and working in a coffeeshop looks like this

So many trips to the Fire Station / "wee-oh" truck

These boys have my HEART!

Jack wants to be just like Daddy - he loves to eat cereal with him

The new centerpiece of our home - the table Ben built!

Ford // 7 weeks old

Coffee is Life

Ben - Superdad as always! My better half, teammate, and love of my life.
Couldn't do any of it without him beside me! Thankful BEYOND.

2 comments:

  1. I want to play with your boys! I want to play in the OCEAN with your boys! Keep up the good work, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how we would love that! You will have to come out for a visit.

      Delete

Lately.