07 June 2017

The Challenge to Grow

Lately, I am asking myself where am I being challenged to grow?

Sure - in my new roles as adjunct faculty teaching at PLNU, being a wife to Benjamin, trying to be a good friend from afar to those I love back in Chicago, establishing new rhythms in married life... I am required to step up to these new positions I find myself in.

But deep within, am I seeking growth in Christ? Am I living out the Gospel that He calls me to today? Who are the people I am influencing and how am I discipling God's truth?

San Diego is an amazing place to live, but it exists on the fringe of comfort and complacency. I never want to find myself in these categories - I want to live adventure and risk and freedom. I am prone to settle into routine - a battle I need to fight.

My inspiration is sourced from exploring the world around me, literature, and observations of life. This weekend, we head to Cabo and I dream of settling by the ocean with a pen and paper; some time to check-in with my dedication to seeking inspiration.

Am I living the story I want to write?!

2 comments:

  1. Now adjunct faculty? All these little hints and no details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am teaching 2 courses - 5 credits at PLNU this summer! Child & Adolescent Development + Parent Education courses :)
      Yesterday we studied research on the importance of play and exploration in early childhood - I thought of you!!!

      Delete

Lately.