02 March 2016

These Girls

Love these Chitown sista so much!
My heart almost exploded this past weekend when I was picked up by Ash at the airport [in unplanned matching outfits...] then entered into a room full of my favorite Chicago gals. We cozied up in our socks and sweatshirts as random snippets of life pinged through the air... ten thousand conversations at once - as girls do - about jobs and boys and weddings and heartbreak and God and church and community and Chicago and moving and future. Words strung together wrapped in the constant theme of Change.
Arrived from the airport to this!
Bunkbeds and pillow talk....
This group of women have prayed for me and fought for me; their faith is deep and it is real. They push me to be myself; and I often believe it is in this circle that I am my truest self; accepted fully and completely as I am. It is a Come As You Are type of friendship; one that I didn't believe could exist until it one day it did. 
SO much heart talk with my dearest Britt
That night, Ash and I shared a deflated air mattress on the hardwood floor of the main room, where we were awakened by streaming sunlight and pattering feet towards the coffeepot, but none of those things mattered. What mattered is that we were together. And nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of girls and girl energy. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Lately.