28 October 2014

Reminders.

Lately, I walk around with my jaw dropped in awe of the popping colors of orange and yellow that line the streets of Chicago. No matter how many Autumns I experience, the vibrancy of colors year after year does not get tiring or old. It causes me to consider how what we see here on earth is a mere shadow of what's to come, which brings me to worship a mysterious and unsearchable Creator. I am quickly distracted by that other than God, which funnels into an even deeper gratitude for the beauty of nature to help me return to Him.

Autumn leaves mid-change.
Embracing fall with my dear Texans - Candis & baby Will
Last week, I took a course on C.S. Lewis, in which my professor painted pictures through stories of the greatness of God, repeatedly positing the question: "What must God be like?" As I walk around campus and take in the season, I ask myself that question. In his infinite goodness and creativity, all of nature points to Him.

So.pretty.

A weekend of fall in Denver with Mikey + Jillian!

1 comment:

  1. Well, how do you like it now? We're having indoor recesses up here, because it's so cold, and not too far north of GB the boys are ice fishing already. Bah...

    ReplyDelete

Lately.