19 May 2014

In the Pines

Ever since landing in the green of Portland, 
my soul has been able to take a breath.

My little summer home peeking through the pines.
Each day,
I wake up surrounded in a blanket of green,
greeted by morning songs of the swallows
as my little home bobs to the rhythm of each wave
gently flowing along the Willamette River.

Living Room view each day, every day.
My mind is emptied and given space for free thought,
silence puts everything to rest.
On evening walks along the river trail,
I look down and see those same shoes that carried me across Spain.
I listen to that familiar rhythm, 
one step in front of the other.
I close my eyes and remember the walk.

Tracks & trail along the river.
To walk is to trust, to transform, to descend into the heart.
The Camino is the same walk here & now.
The Way we go when we follow God,
sometimes blindly to a gathering in St Louis,
quite randomly ushering me to a summer on a houseboat.

Portland home.

4 comments:

  1. So lovely - each word and every picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool, Rebecca, just too cool for words. Seems to me life doesn't get much better than a houseboat on the Willamette River in summer. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle Mark! Thank you! It's true... I don't think life gets any better. I am so very lucky to be here! :)

      Delete

Lately.