20 May 2012

Mid-May

Truth: I am diving into the last full week of school and I could not be more ready for summer.


It's this time of year that everything School comes with a bit of year's-end-nostalgia... while teaching ideas are rapidly replaced with summer dreams. 

Last year I dug my heels in and embraced being a summer city dweller. 
My weeks consisted of runs, bikes, beach, festivals, patio beers, music Mondays, film, and exploring a city so dear to my heart. Although it was the most restful & refreshing way to spend last summer, I find myself hesitant to repeat the many schedule-less days waiting for my roomies to get off work and play with me. 

So I find myself torn between two good options: enjoy my city that comes alive during the summer or travel to far away places that offer adventures unknown.

the lake on the city.
I know - I am lucky to have such choices. But also feeling divided in my heart. Sigh.
Either way - summer is almost here and I.can't.wait.

4 comments:

  1. i'll be your day time hang buddy! im looking for a brunch pal and someone who will go with me to various coffee shops to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turns out... i love all those things :)

    ReplyDelete

Lately.